Thursday, November 25, 2004

All The Kids are Coming Home For Thanksgiving

An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says,
"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and
I are divorcing; Our forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what the heck are you talking about," the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,"the old man says.
"We're sick and tired of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this,
so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." And then he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.
" No Way they're getting a divorce, she shouts. "I'll take care of this."
She then calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at the old man,
"You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there.
I'm calling my brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow EARLY.
Until then don't do a thing!!!,
DO YOU HEAR ME?"
And then she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone, smiles and turns to his wife. "
Well Honey that takes care of that.. All the kids are now
coming for Thanksgiving and guess what dear ?
. . . . their even paying their own way."

No comments: