Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Quiet Man

Sophie and Shirley, two elderly widows in a Florida adult community,
are curious about the latest arrival in their building -- a quiet,
nice looking gentleman who keeps to himself.

Shirley says," Sophie, you know I'm shy. Why don't you go over to him
at the pool and find out a little about him. He looks so lonely."

Sophie agrees, and later that day at the pool, she walks up to him and
says, "Excuse me, mister. I hope I'm not prying, but my friend and I
were wondering why you looked so lonely."

"Of course I'm lonely, he says, "I've spent the past 20 years in
prison."

"You're kidding! What for?"

"For killing my third wife. I strangled her."

"What happened to your second wife?"

"I shot her."

"And, if I may ask, your first wife?"

"We had a fight and she fell off a building."

"Oh my," says Sophie. Then turning to her friend on the other side of
the pool, she yells, "Yoo hoo, Shirley. He's single."

No comments: